You may find below the list of papers, patents and abstracts published as part of our knowledge-sharing initiative. If you want to book a meeting with our authors, go to their personal profile and book a meeting.
- Rio-Torto, Isabel, Kelwin Fernandes, and Luís F. Teixeira. “Understanding the decisions of CNNs: An in-model approach.” Pattern Recognition Letters 133 (2020): 373-380.
- Pernes, Diogo, Kelwin Fernandes, and Jaime S. Cardoso. “Directional support vector machines.” Applied Sciences 9.4 (2019): 725.
- Araujo, Ricardo J., Kelwin Fernandes, and Jaime S. Cardoso. “Sparse multi-bending snakes.” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 28.8 (2019): 3898-3909.
- Maia, Paulo, et al. “Applying Machine Learning for Traffic Forecasting in Porto, Portugal.” Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases: International Workshops of ECML PKDD 2021, Virtual Event, September 13-17, 2021, Proceedings, Part II. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2022.
- Trindade, J., Vinagre, J., Fernandes, K., Paiva, N., & Jorge, A. (2021). Partially Monotonic Learning for Neural Networks. In Advances in Intelligent Data Analysis XIX: 19th International Symposium on Intelligent Data Analysis, IDA 2021, Porto, Portugal, April 26–28, 2021, Proceedings 19 (pp. 12-23). Springer International Publishing.
- Rio-Torto, Isabel, Kelwin Fernandes, and Luís F. Teixeira. “Towards a Joint Approach to Produce Decisions and Explanations Using CNNs.” Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis: 9th Iberian
- Silva, Wilson, Kelwin Fernandes, and Jaime S. Cardoso. “How to produce complementary explanations using an ensemble model.” 2019 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN). IEEE, 2019.
- Rebelo, José, Kelwin Fernandes, and Jaime S. Cardoso. “Quality-based regularization for iterative deep image segmentation.” 2019 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC). IEEE, 2019.
- Almeida, Eduardo Nuno, et al. “A machine learning based quality of service estimator for aerial wireless networks.” 2019 International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob). IEEE, 2019.
- Bernat, Amir Shlomo, et al. “Automated monitoring of medical imaging procedures.” U.S. Patent Application No. 16/964,303.
- Pedro Dias, Francisca Morgado, Reuven Weiser, Kelwin Fernandes, David Levitz. “Comparison of performance of different automated visual evaluation quality assessment modules”. SPIE Photonics West (2023).
- Francisca Morgado, Pedro Dias, Reuven Weiser, Kelwin Fernandes, David Levitz. “Approaches to blur reduction in cervical images for automated visual evaluation”. SPIE Photonics West (2023).